We have a series of objectives to enable them to provide a high quality, sports coaching programme in our local communities:
- To deliver a range of sports based activities outside of school curriculum time and creating sporting pathways to the needs of the community.
- To support schools and other education establishments by delivering a range of activities to engage young people through sports and the brand of Boston United Football Club.
- To offer and develop programmes in to grassroots football regardless of age, sex or ability.
- To offer quality coaching to both boys and girls combined with a relevant education package in order to produce young people of integrity with the ability to play football for Boston United Football Club.
- To offer a range of health and physical activity sessions to meet the needs of the local community.
- To deliver and increase access to a range of activities and projects too hard to reach communities.
- To offer work placements, volunteering opportunities and training to help people develop their employment prospects
- To provide match day experiences, ticket initiatives, and deliver other schemes to raise the profile of Boston United Football Club.
- It is essential to ensure that the aims of our programme meet those of our partners too.
Boston United Football Club
Our connection with Boston United Football Club has been instrumental in the success of the United in the Community programme. Boston United Football Club receives incredible local support from fans and the wider community that is dedicated, loyal and passionate, which have proven to be effective in attracting participants to engage in our activities.
Both United in the Community and Boston United Football Club participate in various activities to assist local charities and voluntary groups by ways of match day collections, attending meetings and various other events.
Benefactors of our community work include Lincolnshire Sports Partnership, Schools, Boston & District School Sports Partnership, Women’s Aid, Action for Young Carers, Lincolnshire Foundation Partnership Trust, YMCA Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, South Lincs CVS, Boston Borough Council, TaylorITEX, Boston Community Safety Partnership, Boston Mayflower Housing amongst many others.
Boston United Football Club and United in the Community recognise the need to act as a positive role model in the community and accept by taking an active lead in endorsing crucial messages and initiatives we generate opportunities to raise the profile of Boston United Football Club within in the local community.